Education and Career History:
B.S., Peking University, 1994
M.S., Institute of Theoretical Physics, CAS, 1997
Ph.D., Stanford University, 2002
Assistant Professor, Purdue University, 2004
Associate Professor, Purdue University, 2009
Professor, Institute of Physics, 2010-present
Assistant Director, Institute of Physics, 2016
Deputy Director, Institute of Physics, 2017-present
Strong correlated electron systems, superconductivity, condensed matter topological properties and effects, cold atom systems.
- N Hao and JP Hu, Topological quantum states of matter in iron-based superconductors: from concept to material realization, NSR 6, 213 (2019) (review)
- SS Qin, L Hu, C Le, J Zeng, F Zhang, C Fang, JP Hu, Quasi-1D Topological Nodal Vortex Line Phase in Doped Superconducting 3D Dirac Semimetals, Phys. Rev. Lett. 123 (2), 027003 (2019)
- CC Le, XX Wu, SS Qin, YX Li, R. Thomale, FC Zhang, JP Hu, Dirac semimetal in beta-CuI without surface Fermi arcs. PNAS, 115, 8311-8315 (2018).
- CC Le, J Zeng, YH Gu, GH Cao, JP Hu, A possible family of Ni-based high temperature superconductors, Sci. Bull. 63, 957-963, (2018).
- KK Li, CY Li, JP Hu, Y Li, C Fang, Dirac and nodal line magnons in three-dimensional antiferromagnet, Phys. Rev. Lett, 119, 247202 (2017)
- JP Hu and CC Le, A possible new family of unconventional high temperature superconductors, Sci. Bull., 62 (2017) 212-217.
- JP Hu, "Identifying the genes of unconventional high temperature superconductors", Sci. Bull. 61, 7 561 (2016)
- JP Hu, CCg Le and X.X. Wu “ Predicting unconventional high temperature superconductors in Trigonal Bipyramidal Coordinations”, Phys. Rev. X 5,041012 (2015)
- XX Wu, CC, LE, J, Yuan, H, Fan and JP Hu, “Magnetism in Quasi-One-Dimensional A(2)Cr(3)As(3) (A=K, Rb) Superconductors”, Chin. Phys. Lett. 32, 057401 (2015)
- N Hao and JP Hu, “Topological phases in the Single Layer FeSe”,Phys. Rev. X 4 ,031053 (2014)
- X Wu, C Le, Y Liang, S Qin, H Fan and JP Hu, “Effect of As-chain layers in CaFeAs 2”, Phys. Rev. B 89 (20), 205102(2014)
- JP Hu, “Iron-Based Superconductors as Parity Odd Superconductors”, Phys. Rev. X 3, 031004 (2013)
- JP Hu and N Hao, "S4 Symmetric Microscopic model for Ironn-Based Superconductors", Phys. Rev. X, 2, 021004 (2012) ( Viewpoints: Physics 5, 61 (2012) “Untangling the orbitals in Iron-Based Superconductors” )
- JP Hu and H Ding, “Local antiferromagnetic exchange and collaborative Fermi surface as key ingredients of high temperature superconductors”, Scientific Reports, 2 381 (2012)
- PC Dai, Jiangping Hu, E. Dagotto, “Magnetism and its microscopic origin in iron-based high-temperature superconductors”, Nature Physics 8, 709 (2012)(review)
- Jun Zhao, D. T. Adroja, Dao-Xin Yao, R. Bewley, Shiliang Li, X. F. Wang, G. Wu, X. H. Chen, JP Hu, and PC Dai "Spin Waves and Magnetic Exchange Interactions in CaFe2As2" Nature Physics 5, 555(2009).
- Kangjun Seo, A. B. Bernevig and JP Hu, “Pairing Symmetry in a Two-Orbital Exchange Coupling Model of Oxypnictides”; Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 206404 (2008).
- Chen Fang, Hong Yao, Wei-Feng Tsai, JP Hu, and Steven A. Kivelson " Theory of Electron Nematic Order in LaOFeAs " Phys. Rev. B77, 224509 (2008) (Editor's Suggestion)
- JP Hu "Microscopic Origin of Magnetic Ferroelectrics in Noncollinear Multiferroics" Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 077202 (2008).
- Shou-Sheng Zhang and JP Hu，“A Four Dimensional Generalization of the Quantum Hall Effect" Science, 294, 823-828 (2001).